Monday, March 19, 2007

Concert Bands

It's that time of year when concert band and solo/ensemble contests are taking place. What about your band?
Tell us about the music you are playing this year. Any good tunes? What about songs you could have lived without this year?

And to all of you students who somehow are able to play almost every instrument in the band, orchestra, and/or jazz band...We want to hear from you!
Let us know how many instruments you play! And no, your armpit doesn't count.

2 comments:

Gracie said...

My concert band performed a piece from the Phantom of the Opera. In the middle of the music there was a scream written into the flute music. None of them would do it so I volunteered to scream right in the middle of the concert. My part came and I screamed bloody murder. I don't think I have ever seen so many people jump at one time. I even scared the people in the band and they knew it was coming. I had probably 50 people come up to me after the concert telling me that I scared them nearly to death. People were coming up to me even a few weeks after the concert to talk about. Everyone got a kick out of it. That was probably one of the most fun pieces of music I have gotten to perform in concert band. If you ever get to do the music, I highly recommend having a screamer. People will keep talking about it for a while!

Anonymous said...

OMG thats FLIPPIN FUNNY lol